Hearthstone heritage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the Hearthstone Equinox so I am assuming that it will be similar since they are almost identical stoves, just different sizes.

There are twin fans that mount horizontally at the back rear, between the stove and the heat shield with a thermocouple pressed onto the soapstone surface. It automatically comes on when the stove is hot and goes off when not. An easily accessible knob controls the variable speed you want the fans to run at. On low, the fans are barely audible in a dead quiet room, on high they are somewhat noisy but much less so than many fans I have seen on other stoves. The fans blow air from under the stove, across the back surface and then direct the air via the heat shield across the top of the stove into the room.

Mine came with fans, not sure I would have bought the fans if I had to pay extra but it would depend upon your room. I've got a very large room with high ceilings with a ceiling fan, so I use one or the other.

Reactions: ddddddden
Thanks DougA for the info. Been running the stove without the blower as I'm still waiting for it to come in. Was just wondering if it made a big difference in the heat output.

Very expensive fan kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.