Hearthstone Manchester blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Newt243

Nov 22, 2016
Arkansas
I currently have a blower from a ZC fireplace I placed on some fire bricks under my stove to blow up the back and out of the front. It does move some heat but was curious if the $600 blower that is made for this stove that mounts under the stove would actually move a lot more heat and be worth it. I actually have a second blower from an outdoor fireplace we don’t use much that I thought about adding to the current setup. Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:
My stove is a few years old so not sure how many changes have been made. The rear of the stove is covered with soapstone which is an insulator. I found that very little heat comes out the back of the stove. Usually when it is running hard you can still touch the rear of the stove (that is why the clearances on the stove are so small). I had a fan behind my stove for a while and saw little difference in heat movement. I moved the fan out in front of the stove and blew the air at the glass and saw a noticeable improvement in warmer air flow.
I currently have a blower from a ZC fireplace I placed on some fire bricks under my stove to blow up the back and out of the front. It does move some heat but was curious if the $600 blower that is made for this stove that mounts under the stove would actually move a lot more heat and be worth it. I actually have a second blower from an outdoor fireplace we don’t use much that I thought about adding to the current setup. Any advice would be appreciated!

Not 600$ worth of heat. That’s a silly amount. I do the same thing with my stove. Fan on the floor blowing up the back. Works well. I have the air blaze 12”. Very very quiet
AC Infinity AIRBLAZE T10, Universal Fireplace Blower Fan Kit 10" with Temperature and Speed Controller, for Lennox, Hearth Glo, Majestic, Rotom https://a.co/d/1b7VOcg