Hearthstone Mansfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bartlett920

Feb 15, 2008
Fort Scott Kansas
My friend is considering a HS mansfield any reviews on this product? Does anyone know the average life expectancy.Currently burning 4-5 cords seasoned hardwood a year 24/7 in the winter. Currently burning an old Earthstove POS

I have a homestead and thus pay more attention to Hearthstone posts. Anecdotally, I cannot remember reading a post where someone with this stove did not praise it. Based on this site, I'd think it was Hearthstone's best seller and an excellent choice if everything else fits (usual like house size, house layout, etc.) I know reviews will follow this post.

Consequentially, on the home page of this site there is a link to user stove reviews. The higher the listing number, the more recent the review. You could direct your friend there.

The Mansfield owners here are some of the happiest burners in the world. That stove will last longer than your friend will be able to lug wood into the house.

Have him make sure his grandchildren like the color of the one he buys. They will be burning in it too.

I also have a HearthStone but a Heritage. I wanted the Mansfield but my wife liked the color of the Heritage she said that it matched the living room rug and walls (it would not be worth fighting with the wife). I like the Heritage but if I had my way I would still like to get the Mansfield. The HearthStone is a good stove and I like the fact that it stays warm in the a.m. I have had mine for the past four years. Prior to the HearthStone I had a Nashua stove for a lot of years. Its too bad that the Nashua is not around anymore. I have been looking around for a old Nashua for my basement. If you do find one,your paying top money for it. I presently burn about 5 to 6 cords per year.

The mansfield firebox is superior to the smaller soapstones in that you can load wood NS or EW and much bigger box for more versatility, I wish I had a larger firebox. The negatives are that the stove does not have a side load door and that the feet look kinda goofy to me but that's a taste thing.

Top notch performer if you can live with those negatives. I ran 7 cords through my heritage this year over 8 months. Nothing needs to be serviced or repaired after that much wood.

Did you friend look at the larger equinox? I find it much more attractive and it has both front and side loading doors. Quite large though.

Hey all. I'm the friend in question. Altogether frustrated at my speed in getting something done as far as a new stove is concerned. Still finishing the stacking for this year. Anyway, yeah looked at the equinox but actually like the looks of the mansfield just fine. I appreciate all of the comments feel free to keep 'em coming!!

I went from a Heritage for 1.5 years to a Mansfield late this past season. So far, so good. We will see how it performs when it's really cold. As mentioned, the firebox is huge comared to the Heritage. I don't think you will go wrong. I am totally happy with the quality and finish of both the Heritage and the Mansfield.

The Mansfiled is easy to light and it is really responsive to primary air adjustments.

Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.