Hearthstone Starlet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Oldfashbackhand1

Aug 24, 2023
Schagticoke NY
Hello, so I'm on my 3rd wood stove in 9 weeks. 1st time wood stove owner and im spending to learn smh. Actually got most of my money back minus gas, seems like every stove I'm interested in is 1.5 hrs from home. Anywho, 1st stove I bought was Englander top exit flue was to to tall to fix my existing fireplace insert. 2nd stove I bought was a VC, fireback or damper was warped and drooping. 3rd stove I bought is a Hearthstone Starlet. So the 1st question, can I connect a double wall flex liner directly to the wood stove?
2nd question I have a existing fireplace insert and 10" flue that's insulated can I cap around the Hearthstone stove with stainless steel, seal it against the fireplace and use the existing fireplace flue instead of flex liner through the existing flue? Please feel free to be blunt and if I'm way off here please tell me! Thanks.

IMG_20230824_182619190.jpg IMG_20230824_182544387.jpg

No, that is not permitted.