Hearthstone Tribute installed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

qyota

Dec 8, 2014
northern mn
It's been installed for several weeks now, but I'm just getting around to showing it off. Really enjoying this little bugger in our 1,000 sq ft house. It's perfect! About 7 feet of DVL runs into a DuraVent ceiling support, and 7 feet of DuraVent chimney. Great draft, and good heat. The stove came with the rear heat shield and integrated fan with bimetal switch.

IMG_2500.JPG

Nice looking stove. Is that up off the floor like it looks in the picture? Pretty wild!

Heh, yep! It's a diminutive stove, so we had a stand crafted to lift it up 12". This was hand made by a local artist who specializes in stone/steel creations. It weighs 50 pounds, and the platform is made of 1/4" steel. He hand-twists the steel rope around the stones...it's one of a kind!

Wow I've never seen anything like that before but it really makes a unique looking focal point in the room. That is truly awesome in my opinion!

Reactions: qyota
I can honestly say I have never seen a woodstove installed on what appears to be a living room end table. ;) Actually, in all seriousness, what is this stove on? Assuming it is rugged enough to carry the weight of the stove. Also, pictures can be deceiving, what's the distance from the stove front to the end of the hearth -- guessing these tiles must be larger than the 12 x 12 inch?

There were 2 other replies to the original post, what happened to them?

Yes, it looks a bit like an end table, doesn't it? The stand is quite beefy, and I'm confident it will carry the weight for years to come. The stove is relatively "light" at 318 pounds. The hearth is 3 layers of 1/2" durock, covered by 1.5" of concrete pavers. The pavers are 16 x 16". The durock provides the necessary 0.6 R value, while the cast concrete pavers add durability.

The photo is a little deceiving. There is 16" from the front of the stove to the edge of the hearth. 9" from the stove back to the wall (8" is minimum with rear heat shield), and 17.5" from side wall (16.5" is minimum). Honestly, the side wall gets much warmer than the back wall. That heat shield works great!

Reactions: firefighterjake
Poor humor but I have to say it, that stand "rocks"

Very nice! The stand looks great.

Oh, I see, this was a duplicate thread. Sorry about that. This one can be deleted!

Thanks

Threads merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.