Hearthstone Tribute

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geordyh1

Nov 1, 2007
Lakes Region, NH
I recently purchased a 2 year old Hearthstone Tribute and while moving it, the three inside bricks came loose and the rectangular shaped fiberous shield that is near the flue opening moved. I put everything back as I believe it belongs, but there are no diagrams in the manuals or on the Hearthstone site. Does anyone have any photos of the inside of a tribute? I've burned two fires in the stove and it seems to be working properly, though a little black build up on the glass is occuring, leading me to think the "air wash" might have been affected by in some way.
Any help is appreciate. Other than that, it's a great stove for the small room it sits in.

My Hearthstone Homestead has had the bricks in the bottom come loose, and all I did was use some door rope gasket adhesive to place them back, 2 years later still no problem. In so far as the fiberglass coming loose...I have no idea about that, however, that clears up one problem regarding replacement...if it comes loose, it can be replaced, if not broken. :-(

In so far as the black glass, get the fire moving faster, more air until a good bed of coals start too develop, the window will clean up, at least mine has for many years now. Every new fire I make still kind of makes the edges of the window dark, until a good fire is kicking then the black foes the way of the wind, up and out. The punkier the kindling and the first pieces of wood makes a huge difference too, the more moisture the wood has in it will kind of steam the window up, allowing the sooty smoke to stick, but the hotter the fire will bake it off no problem.

First wood heating season for me. Thje window on my Hearthstone Homestead brown's up quite often. I think it's the wood I'm using during these warmer heating days, as well as my learning curve on rekindling each fire. I have a small, hot fire going right now but the window will need to be cleaned. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it does when I begin burning the really good wood.

I have been burning off and on, more on here recently for the past 2 weeks. I have just last night cleaned the glass for the first time. After a long time of burning, like a few weeks, the bottom corners tend to collect allot of ash and the like. Lowes sell some soot remover/glass cleaner that is made for wood stove glass, works like a charm. A few spritzes across the window and it melts away.

I have also noticed that if I use yellow pine for kindling, it browns the window up pretty bad in the beginning, but if I use the white pine, no browning at all. The type of wood in the biginnings of the fire making make a huge difference in how long the glass stays clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.