heartland clydesdale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spinner

Nov 26, 2007
southern ma
anyone have a Clydesdale or any info on this stove looking to purchase one but would like others input first, versus the dealer thank you.

welcome spinner, if you search on clydesdale you will find many threads mentioning this stove. It's a good one. Do you have specific concerns or questions?

spinner00 said:
anyone have a Clydesdale or any info on this stove looking to purchase one but would like others input first, versus the dealer thank you.

spinner00,
Check out the three links below which should give you a good overview of this particular insert. The first and third links are self-explanatory. The second is to the results of a search of the term "Clydesdale" on these forums.

As BeGreen suggested, please post back with any specific questions you may have.

Member Review
https://www.hearth.com/ratings/art.php?id=1695

Results of “Clydesdale” search
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/search_results/36bcd86006814403143a7160d9cfbf7d/

Hearthroom thread: Hearthstone Morgan Insert
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/7368/#84500
In particular, see Post # 10 by Rhonemas - EXCERPT: “I have the Clydesdale, the big brother of the Morgan. It takes a while to warm up, takes me 1 - 2 hours before I start feeling heat and it does buffer the heat well. I find it strange watching the fire inside roaring and not feel any of it for an hour. But, when I see just a few embers it is still throwing out a lot of heat for a couple hours, occasionally reloading it’s like “Poof” instantaneous combustion and secondary burn happening before I even shut the door. I agree with him it stores and takes time to heat/cool if yours is anything like mine. The first year before I knew what I was doing it took me over 2 hours before I started feeling any heat. Takes time to learn it.”

~Cath

Hi Spinner,

I have the Clydesdale, I've only had it a few weeks now, but I did a ton of research on it, and so far I love it. It has done a good job of heating my whole house of 1800 sq ft. Upstairs too! And the large window makes it hard to not sit in front of it and view the fire roaring.

Let me know what your questions are and I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere too, they said that ash gets into the fan and blower and comes out the top. Well I can say that has never happened to me. Also when I'm emptying my ashes the blower is turned off.

The ash lip on the stove actually does a good job of catching any ash or fragments that may fall out of the firebox.

Spinner I noticed you are in Southern MA. I got my stove from the Iron House in Hyannis. They were really good, however I don't live on the Cape and I think they tend to do more installs on Cape rather than off Cape. What stove shops have you been too?

Status
Not open for further replies.