Heat Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

Hey All,

Any ideas on how to "attach" heat resistant bricks to an Old Wood Stove. I have an old Consolidated Dutchwest stove that I put heat bricks on the inside but i want to attach them. I was thinking fireplace mortar. Can anyone recommend a high heat resistant mortar. The ones a I saw the hardware store was only resistant to 500 degrees.

Thanks

Franklin

Thanks Ghettontheball, Ill give that a shot. I was thinking of that, but im not sure if they will topple over as there inst anything to hold them in place. I noticed that the newer stoves have a latch that holds them in place. Thanks again.

For installing the bricks in the firebox, try using the bottom bricks on the floor to wedge against the side wall bricks. could always weld in a piece of angle iron at the top of the side bricks. if the side bricks and back wall bricks are mortered together, and bottom bricks are holding the walls up, that should serve fairly well.

Thats a great idea PineBurner. Thank you. I was thinking about welding a piece of iron too.

Status
Not open for further replies.