1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

heat pump internet control

Post in 'The Green Room' started by georgepds, Oct 28, 2013.

1. georgepds

georgepds Member

I've got a Fujitsu RLS2 that I'd like to start remotely. During the winter I use the house on ( some not all) weekends. The unit I've got comes with a IR remote control

What I'm looking for is a way to start/stop the heat pump using an internet connection, so when I arrive to fire up the wood stove the house will be somewhat warm. I recall someone here had such a device.. but for I'm unable to find it..

If you know of a device that will do this , please let me know

--G

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Redbarn

Redbarn Burning Hunk

Loc:
    SE PA
    I use 2 of these.
    http://www.controlbyweb.com/x300/

Not cheap but they work well. I control our M55 insert with one and the oil burner + AC with the other.
    I use an iPhone, a lap top or even my work computer with an internet connection.
    I spend a lot of time traveling but can see the house temperature from anywhere.

I have logged the house temps at 2 hour intervals for 2+ years with these and still not filled up the logging memory.
    They were developed for controlling the interior temperatures of vacation condos & timeshares by remote owners.
  3. woodgeek

woodgeek Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE PA
    You could also get a wifi thermostat like the ecobee or the nest, if the fujitsu takes a 24VAC input (most minis don't).
  4. georgepds

georgepds Member

Not sure what the ecobee or nest is.. got a link?
  5. georgepds

georgepds Member

6. georgepds

georgepds Member

So.. absent a gadget for the unit, I need something that can remotely control a gadget that sends out an IR code