Heatilator Cab 50 works

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rbart46

Sep 8, 2014
Peacham, Vermont
Northern Vermont got down below zero last night...gave the Cab 50 a nice dinner of LG pellets, flipped the switch to high and went to bed....stove is in the basement replacing a Harman coal stove that had been there for years...have a Vermont Castings defiant upstairs that I've had for 28 years....no fire in the wood stove but woke up to warm floors and a warm upstairs...granted, I did build a fire in the upstairs for the morning before the sun got up but the house was warm....1800 sf house that I built and is buttoned up pretty well....so, I'm giving my thumbs up on the Cab 50...with Quadrafire parts inside and not needing all the cast and plateing, this is a great heater for the 1700 I got into it....vents into my chimney and works flawlessly with my woodstove going also....when the power goes out there is no smoke as the natural draft just keeps a suckin'.....about six inches of snow on the ground outside....the sun is coming out nicely and I'm putting myself down as a contented retired electrician....too bad the grandsons have to go to school...be a nice day to hit the slidding hill .... my mountain is peaceful....hope yours is also....Robert of Cow Hill.

CAB-50 is the best stove for the money. It is not a Harman but it was not designed to be.

Eric

Reactions: bags and Hdhogger
Eric, X's 2.

Rbart, Nice to hear from another happy CAB50 owner. I've put 12 ton through mine over the last 2 plus seasons without a hitch, she just keeps cranking out the heat.

So far in four seasons my heatilator has proven to be almost completely jam proof.
i never sift fines.
Only had one upper auger jam all these years.
-8f last night, no problem. A pleasant late autumn evening.
Helga has been our sole source of heat since we got her.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ds and Hdhogger
Mines running like a charm as well, dump in a bag and go!

Same here visit once a day pull the pot add pellets, goodbye, see you tomorrow!

Great stoves for the money! I was just about to buy one and lucked into a nice used PC45 on Craigslist. Good luck with it. Treat it right and it will return the favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.