Heatilator Gas Fire Places

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewChurchill

Minister of Fire
Mar 31, 2008
Vermont
My new house is coming with a Heatilator Gas Fireplace. Has anyone used one of these and if so how reliable are they?

Thanks,
Andy

heatilator make a good valued priced unit for the builder and the retail chanel may want to check with the builder and see who is supplying it and see if they will services as needed or chose a good gas company that can do work for you.

Check and see what model. If they are defaulting to one of the "builder" models, which is basically the Novus line you might want to upgrade to a Caliber. Although the new Novus series they just launched is a huge improvement over the previous versions. The Caliber line is going to have a deeper firebox, more upgrade options, and more front choices. Should have a nicer flame and more logs as well.

Even if you do get the basic builder Novus its still a great fireplace and very reliable.

Andrew Churchill said:
My new house is coming with a Heatilator Gas Fireplace. Has anyone used one of these and if so how reliable are they?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy - you're going to love it the first time the power goes out in the winter!

I have a generator so power outages aren't an issue. However, I could tell the wife we're out of fuel and use that as an excuse to snuggle up to her in front of the fireplace........

JTP, it's a Caliber model. It is not coming with the intelilight system. Do you know if that's something I can add later?

No you cannot convert to the IPI later. I would demand that option, it does not cost anything extra. With the IPI system the pilot does not burn all the time saving you money. We don't even offer standing pilot fireplaces anymore, we just tell people they all have the IPI. Only downside of the IPI is that in cold climates one of the switch upgrades is a must so you can turn the pilot on during the really cold months to keep he firebox warm.

I finally got the fireplace up and running the other night. It look nice and the remote control works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.