hello and need a little info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nfsus

Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2009
arkansas
first of all let me say that there seems to be a large quantity of information here with people that love wood stoves, that is cool to me. I have always been around wood cutting and burning so i really dont think that there is a better way to heat, but that is me and apparently a few of you.

now for the real reason for this post, i have bought a wood stove form my cousin that is a country flame free standing. here is a link to a pic. http://thm-a02.yimg.com/image/734b4abebe4d8c80. anyway, we are in the process of installing it and need as little info. it has a 8" flue and i have never had on of those before. it also has a heavy backing air gap in the back with an opening for a fan.

how far from the wall should this stove be?? i understand the no less than 12" and the flue dia. x 3 formula, but for a 29" stove that puts us way out in the floor.

thanks for any help

If there's no rating plate, you hafta be 36" from ALL unprotected combustible surfaces.
If you put up approved protection on your walls, you can reduce the clearance by 66%...

Status
Not open for further replies.