1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. mxd253

mxd253 Guest

Hey Guys, I just wanted to post for the first time and say "Hello". I am an avid forum user for other hobbies in my life. I bought a cabin in East Tennessee last year that had previously been equipped with a wood stove. When I closed on the property I found that the seller had taken the stove out during our transaction. I grew up with my grandfather and he always kept us warm with a Papa Bear. So naturally Ive always wanted one of my own one day! I've searched nearly the entire first year of my ownership for a Papa. One morning this past August my search ended! I'm thankful to have found this site/forum. It seems to be the most extensive on Fisher and general Wood Stove info. Thanks for having me!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
  3. Motor7

Motor7 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    East TN.
    alright...you have to post up some pictures or it didn't happen :rolleyes:
  4. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Them old papa's were sure a tank. If one were to fall out the back of a pickup truck you would worry about the damage to the road, not the stove.

And welcome to the forum.
    mxd253 likes this.
  5. mxd253

mxd253 Guest

Here ya go Motor7, She's a beaut! I'll post up some more when I get my hearth done and this jewel in place. I know I know, its almost cold.. I'M ON IT!
    Where are ya in the East TN?

papa bear.jpg
  6. Monosperma

Monosperma Member

Loc:
    Colorado/NewMexico
  7. Motor7

Motor7 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    East TN.
    Hey that is a nice looking Fisher. I've never had one, but always liked the design. I'm in Sackett country around Clinch Mtn between Morristown and Tazewell.
  8. mxd253

mxd253 Guest

Those Bucks sure are nice! I flirted with buying one because I was wanting to support a local business. The Buck Stove company is only about an hour away from my cabin. However I kept going back to the Fisher because of the sentimental value..
  9. mxd253

mxd253 Guest

Not too far away from me. I'm in Johnson City on Buffalo Mtn.