help i am an idiot!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michael taillon

Oct 16, 2009
nashua nh
last night my auger stopped working. i have a Whitfield Renaissance and the man i got it from said that it would happen and that i needed to go behind the control panel and move the auger manually. so i did but while i did it i pulled the white power plug off the connector. (i know this is where everyone yells at me for not unplugging the stove before i worked on it, or checking the wiring diagram before i plugged the wire back in) i thought i knew which metal connector it fell off of and so i plugged it back in. there was a spark and the machine died completely. now when i turn it on there is nothing not even a humming nothing!!!!!!!!!! help!!!!!! what did i fry?????? instead of putting it back on #6 metal connector where i was supposed to, I plugged it in #7 which has the blower and auger motors attached to it. any ides?

If you were lucky, It probably just blow a fuse. Check the control panel on or around it.

This time unplug first before touching anything.

Good luck.
jay

Most all stoves have fuses. Its gotta be there. Check the Control panel itself. Maybe intergated to it.

jay.

gosh a renaissance, I've never even seen one, but most of the whitfiields have a fuse on the underside of the control board. Its not convenient but its there(usually).

Fatmikey197 said:
WHERE? DO I HAVE TO TAKE THE CONTROL PANEL OFF? AND IS IT JUST A GLASS 6 AMP FUSE?

I would check in your manual if you have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.