Help ID this old stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Reboot

Nov 13, 2017
Michigan
Hello,
This is my first post, and I'm desperate for some help identifying this old stove.

My house was built in 1973 by a doctor who used all top-of-the-line hardware for the time.

The stove is thick cast iron, gray (the light makes It look red), with no markings at all, an oval opening, 8 inch flue, removable wire screen and steel cover.

Thank you in advance.
20171113_165736.jpg
20171113_165728.jpg

Hello,
This is my first post, and I'm desperate for some help identifying this old stove.

My house was built in 1973 by a doctor who used all top-of-the-line hardware for the time.

The stove is thick cast iron, gray (the light makes It look red), with no markings at all, an oval opening, 8 inch flue, removable wire screen and steel cover.

Thank you in advance.View attachment 215783 View attachment 215784
Funky!

Looks like a Chiminea. Indoors though?

Well i dont know but i like the look. It is not a stove though it is a fireplace

Check out Malm Fireplaces...
Yes it resembles the design of the malms but many other manufacturers were making similar units at the time. But this one is obviously a higher quality than most