1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Help Identify Better N Ben's Stove

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by mattd860, Sep 4, 2012.

1. mattd860

mattd860 New Member

Loc:
    Eastern, CT
    I was given a Better'N Ben's Stove/Fireplace insert. The previous owner was using it as a free standing wood stove and welded legs on the bottom of it. It has an electric fan which he never used because the stove was never in a fireplace. The rough dimensions are 25"W X 27"L X 23"H (height does not include the homemade legs).

Does anybody know which model and year this is? Also, what is this worth?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    I can't put a model number on it, but it would have to be one of their later models as it looks nothing like their original units. The later models, like this, went more toward the look of the Fisher and all the other steel stoves of the time.

As far as value, I'd have to say very little because of the conversion and age. Building codes would suggest this cannot be legally installed in a residence, so it's value is only as a camp stove or something similar. I have a friend who uses an old stove like this out on his deck.....as an outdoor fireplace!