Help Identifying Class A Chimney Pipe 6in.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sige24

Nov 14, 2022
New Mexico
Hi everyone, I just moved into a new house and I need to lengthen my chimney since its not taller than the highest point of the roof. I am getting smoke into the house when I open the fireplace door. I am having difficulty identifying the brand of pipe so I can get a matching pipe. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for the help!
20221113_102645.jpg20221113_102310.jpg20221113_102317.jpg20221113_102437.jpg

How old is this chimney pipe?

Yes. I am concerned that this may be an older, lower temperature chimney pipe that is no longer available.
@bholler, @DAKSY do you recognize this?

I don't recognize it. But honestly the section going into the roof looks pretty rough. And the flashing is covered in crap I would consider a full replacement

Reactions: DAKSY and Sige24
That's the way I was leaning too. It will increase safety and provide a known start date for the chimney system life.

The chimney support box would most likely need replacement too. Can you post a picture of how it looks on the inside of the house?