Help identifying prefab fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wfinley

Aug 21, 2021
Anchorage
Need help identifying a prefab fireplace. Would like to install a gas insert but first need to figure out if it’s at all possible. Home (condo 4-plex) was built in the mid 80s and this is the original fireplace. Pix below.

4522E3F2-906A-4552-A127-0E8566E85739.jpeg 673C7450-587B-444E-A8F2-9A3A36D15DEF.jpeg

Need help identifying a prefab fireplace. Would like to install a gas insert but first need to figure out if it’s at all possible. Home (condo 4-plex) was built in the mid 80s and this is the original fireplace. Pix below.

View attachment 281152 View attachment 281153
I can tell you that I have never seen a single fireplace from that era that allowed any inserts

Thanks. I’m assuming the entire thing needs to be pulled / replaced - not just the box where the fireplace was before - correct?

Thanks. I’m assuming the entire thing needs to be pulled / replaced - not just the box where the fireplace was before - correct?
Yes that is correct