Help! Magnum baby

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mhussey

Oct 28, 2019
Ossipee nh
I have a Magnum baby countryside pellet stove, it's worked pretty great so far had to change a few parts last year, im pulling my hair out this morning lol, the stove doesn't stay on, on automatic it shuts off the display the green light for the on/off blinks and it goes into a shut down procedure, I've jumped passed sensors to be sure nothings failed and still it does the same thing, it runs okay ish on manual, the only thing I've done differently was try to hook up a manual t-stat last night, i unplugged that to see if it was a problem, and still...im ready to throw it out my window any help or advice would be great...

how long does the stove run before shutting down? Did you bypass the POF snap disc?

I bypassed the pof, yes, the stove was cleaned thoroughly it runs through the whole start up cycle then the display shuts off, then goes into shutdown procedure

Try bypassing your vacuum switch.

I've tried that too this morning appears to have new symptoms? Will only start on manual or thermostat mode now, does not turn on in auto mode, is it possible something shorted in the board?

Yup that was my next thought. The selection switch is probably worn out