1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Help me not burn my house down- glaze creosote

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by lumbering on, Jan 12, 2013.

1. lumbering on

lumbering on Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    New York
    No the unseasoned cord prices are reasonable. It's getting access to the kiln dried stuff for this year, at $650 a cord that blew me away.
    I now have 4 cords of very very green stuff in the backyard, slowly splitting and stacking it. Should be fine for 2 years from now. It looks like enviblocks or kiln dried for this year and next year. I think the enviblocks are more economical.

I'm going to look into the Anti-Creo Soot Spray, thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Julian

Julian Member

Loc:
    Suffolk, NY
    Look on CL there are alot of people giving away wood delivered still for free on long island
  3. blades

blades Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI, Milw
    I would not load to much of the blocks at one time as that can result in an over fire ( them bocks burn reallhot) mix them with some of your not so good wood for a longer burn time.
  4. lumbering on

Loc:
    New York
    Thanks, I got in touch with a few of them already tonight.
  5. lumbering on

Loc:
    New York
    I was mixing in one or two of the blocks with my less than perfect wood.
    I had a thermo on it and never burned it unattended, so no over-fire, but point is well taken on the kiln dried and the blocks to avoid the over fire.

I swear every new stove should come with a link to this site. Better yet, mandatory reading BEFORE buying the stove.
    Auzzie Gumtree likes this.
  6. oldspark

oldspark Guest

"I swear every new stove should come with a link to this site. Better yet, mandatory reading BEFORE buying the stove"
    I agree and webbie might be able to profit from that a little, the sellers of the stoves should be more conscionable, if I sold stoves and someone burnt their house down because I did not make sure they knew what they were doing I could not live with myself, let alone if someone got hurt. I probably would lose sales over it but I could sleep at night.