I grew up in the country. Yard meant everything that was green that you mowed. There was some grass in it. My yard NOW (in town) looks like complete garbage. it's like 75% weeds or non-grass, and there are about 3 different kinds of grass making up the other 25%. This one portion of the yard near the front of my house has potential, so i'd like to start there and make it all nice, then if things work out, I'll spread my knowledge to the rest of the yard. First, I bought this Ortho Weed B Gone stuff and followed the application directions in my spray tank. Did absolutely nothing, not even to the dandelions. Did a reapply two weeks later. So far I've mowed once and need to mow again. It's been two days since the last Ortho application, so apparently I can go ahead and mow. Here's the biggest problem I'm having though, I have HUGE spots where it's nothing but this blanket/carpet type weed. I've included pictures. I figure if I know what it is, then I can move forward with treatment. Once I have the weeds dead the plan was to maintain for about a month, then aerate, then seed as appropriate, fertilize and water, then maintain. Sound like a plan? someone please let me know. This part of the yard can be salvaged, the rest of the yard might just get totally plowed up and I'll start from scratch. it's really bad. at least it's green this time of year, though!