Help my wife and I settle this. Pictures wanted of installed BK Princess insert and VC Montpelier in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would tell the Mrs. that she can have any stove she wants, as long as she agrees to do the 3 am feedings on cold nights. Otherwise, I'd get the BK. FWIW, I don't think the BK insert is as "unique looking" as the other BK's. The front is sloped. Big deal. :)

Den said:
fdegree painted his new BK honey glo. I dunno if the factory offers that option.

Hiram Maxim got his King from the factory in brown. He painted his stovepipe Honey-glo brown and I can't tell the difference. Take a look at his install pic.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/63428/

To the OP--you might show this color/installation to your wife, as motivation. IMO, that's one frickin' sweet install.

You could get the same look with the insert.

http://i53.tinypic.com/w82gc7.jpg

Thanks to everyone who responded. I ordered the Princess insert and received it this past weekend. I've got some stone work to do before I can install it. Cant wait.

Thanks

backld said:
Thanks to everyone who responded. I ordered the Princess insert and received it this past weekend. I've got some stone work to do before I can install it. Cant wait.

Thanks

I'm a little after the fact, but good move. I personally think the BK insert looks way better and I imagine having more of the insert sticking out of the fireplace would produce better heat no?

Besides the BK's have a great track record here for performance. Enjoy your new stove!!!!

Lay some ceramic tile that kinda matches the syle of the hearth out in front of it to give you the required distance in the front. Also makes a good place to set your ash bucket and wood when reloading or emptying the stove without worry of burning the floor or scratching it. All kinds of tile to choose from and that small of a project you could knock out yourself in a couple hours.

Good lock with your new insert, your gonna be able to heat your home with it. Right now I have bass wood in the insert and got a great over night burn. Bass wood is a low BTU, most inserts burning this type of wood only get short burn times but it lasted 9 hours with a great coal bed for a quick restart. BTW its 5 degrees outside and the house is warm!

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From fire up the bk</td></tr></table>

Status
Not open for further replies.