Help! Need Bench (Front) Seat for 1995 Pickup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samhoff2

Aug 12, 2011
Wyoming
Hello everyone,

I have a 1995 Chevy Sierra pickup with 2 bucket seats in the front and a console between the two. I really want a bench seat in the front so that I can transport 3 people in the front and 3 in the back, all with seat belts.

Problem is, salvage yards ALL tell me "there are no bench seats available, call back in 2 months or so, maybe we'll have one by then."

I have heard this now for a year. My local dealership doesn't want to work with me because there's no money in it (I presume?).

Can anyone tell me what else I can do? Specifically, if I can find a "creative" mechanic could they jimmy-rig something in that would work (such as a seat from a different vintage truck that is still safe)?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. This has been a major frustration for me, as mechanics/autos are not my strong suit.

Sam

My ranger has a 60/40 split bench, and it has seating for 3(tight fit) it also has seat belts for 3. I am sure gmc has something similar for the full size pick up. Otherwise a true bench seat is going to be hard to find.

Try - lmctruck.com.-
Lot's of parts and info. there.

Better yet, Google the salvage yards in Denver metro area, tons of those trucks ready for the pickin'.
Beats bolting in a love seat.

Reactions: MasterMech
Suggest you expand your salvage yard search. I replaced the bench seat in my sierra. There were plenty to choose from in the one junkyard I checked at the time.
Admittedly old truck parts are getting harder to find, but they are still out there.

'95 Full size GM trucks are like fleas on a dog's back. Agreed that you need to expand the search. 60/40 split bench was a real popular setup then. I believe full bench (no split) was limited to the regular cab trucks. It's a bolt in swap too. Remove the existing seats/console and bolt down the bench.

These guys used to search nationally for a part.

http://www.junkyarddog.com/

I haven't looked for anything with them for years, but they are probably the same as they were.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.