Help needed - Englander 25-PVDC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is your hopper gasket?
Also, this may be backwords thinking but I have started doing this and am getting a hotter and cleaner burn plus longer pellet burns. I have my bottom three set at 9-8-1 and my top two set at 2-8. this works better on my stove the lets says 6-4-1 and 8-9 settings..
Give it a try after you get it fired up.

The only time our 25-PDVC ever made "clinkers" the combustion motor, was clogged.

The only time our 25-PDVC ever made "clinkers" the combustion motor, was clogged.
If I use a really bad quality pellet like Infernos or run it at low fire and very rich (not enough air), mine will produce a crusty ash, but I have never seen what I would consider a real clinker.

I'm sorry, that is wrong!
Resistance to airflow is a function of diameter, length, and bends. The few inches of small diameter in the stove doesn't have the same effect as several feet of small diameter or even just a few feet with a couple of bends.
It may be fair to say that a 10" is no better than a 4" for say a six foot run, but a 2" six foot run will be too restrictive for many stoves.
Correct! England Stove is very specific in the manual about the diameter of the OAK when the length exceeds 6feet I believe.

OP, any pictures of your install????

Just an idea I have a couple 25PDVC stoves been running 1 for about 5 years now noticed the same thing happening with mine over time with clinkers in the pot. Changed pellets, cleaned everything good, messed with all the settings everything. When I installed the OAK's I put the little screen "filter" on and because it was covered by the weather shield I never gave it a thought to look at it til I, noticed one day the screen was covered with fine debris clogging it pulled it off and cleaned it and was burning like the day I installed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.