Help! Our BIS Nova fireplace blower keeps dying!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We have gone through 3 fans in 3 years...very expensive and time consuming to replace. We have not been happy with this product. The BIS Nova, I mean...there should be a reliable fan with it.

Did you decide what to do last year. I have a brand new Bis Nova and I have already replaced one of the fans that goes into another room and now the main fan pr-uzy6 seems to have seized. looking to replace.. anything you can advise?

I need help! Bis Nova.. blower PR-UZY6..seized.. just over the warranty..brand new fireplace and the fan has seized. what is my best option for replacement?

Thank you, I believe I found that site and they are in the states. Do I need to purchase the whole kit or can I just order this part. I'm sorry if I am asking silly questions but I am a 66 yr. old lady on her own and not that knowledgeable on how to fix this situation. I have hired a certified fellow to come and install it, but we do not have any outlets here that carry bis products anymore, so it's up to me to find the replacement. I am hoping to have one that lasts longer than 1 year. The company that installed my fireplace is no longer and it ran $10,000 all said and done so I am hoping not to have to go through this every year. I appreciate your input greatly.

That is the blower assy, should unbolt from the insert, and bolt the new one on. I don't think you need anything else. I believe it is aftermarket, so luckily it may last longer then the over priced OEM one.

That is the blower assy, should unbolt from the insert, and bolt the new one on. I don't think you need anything else. I believe it is aftermarket, so luckily it may last longer then the over priced OEM one.
Thank you so much. I ordered from the site you mentioned and they had a sale on for 2 of them. I bought 2, one for later, lol shipping is the same for 2 as 1, so good to have one in reserve. Hopefully this will work and they say it is guaranteed to fit, etc. so, will post once I have the service man put it in. thank you so much.

Thank you so much. I ordered from the site you mentioned and they had a sale on for 2 of them. I bought 2, one for later, lol shipping is the same for 2 as 1, so good to have one in reserve. Hopefully this will work and they say it is guaranteed to fit, etc. so, will post once I have the service man put it in. thank you so much.
Glad to help, that's why we are all here. Hope everything works out.
Enjoy the warmth.

Get yourself a can of electronic contact cleaner. Spray out the motor and fan and let it dry. Should work again.

Get yourself a can of electronic contact cleaner. Spray out the motor and fan and let it dry. Should work again.
Maybe, but not if the problem is a bearing failure.