Help Please! Drolet ECO 45 "E" Code Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siko

Feb 5, 2008
Northern Ontario
A couple weeks ago, I was getting constant "P" codes. Turns out that I had to remove my combex blower to replace the brass fitting that broke to connect the pressure hose to the fan housing.

Since I put it all back together (new gasket on end of fan and used high temp red silicone to seal in the fan where it goes into behind the burn pot area), I am getting "E" codes. I went through all the troubleshooting for "E" codes....hopper is full, auger is turning, burn pot fills and ignites, but soon after ignition, the stoves shuts down with an "E" code.

Has anyone experienced this or have any insight as to what the issue might be? This is my 9th season with this stove, so I'm pretty experienced with troubleshooting it, but this has me stumped! It likely has something to do with how I reinstalled the blower, since I've never had this issue before. Sure hope someone is able to assist! Thank you,

Have you confirmed that your low limit (F160) is functioning? Sounds like it is not registering the fact that "we have fire!" and shuts down. Can do a temporary jumper around it but remember to disconnect stove when setting that up so you don't shock yourself or short anything...

They first need the serial number to identify if my particular stove has a thermistor or an F140 limit thermodisc.

Also asked me to press the auger and the "+" button simultaneously to get a temp reading on the screen.

OK...update. So I figure that it must be the F140 Thermodisc that's mounted to the combex blower. I have an older unit so there is no thermistor, just a thermodisc. Ordered a new one, but the tech at Drolet mentioned that I could try taking the existing one off and clean it. So I did that tonight. Didn't seem like it was even worth it, hardly anything on it, but I gave it a brush with a coarse cleaning scrubber, and reinstalled it and low and behold I'm now a couple hours in and stove is running fine.....fingers crossed!

Woohoo! Just make sure you change it out when you get the new one ... that one is probably a bit frail inside. Good to know before the big cold hits though;)

Edit: Have you had snow yet were you are? We're enjoying unseasonably warm weather so life is good here!

Well, that was short lived. Only Ran a few hours before coding out with an "E" again. New thermodisc on the way, hopefully that fixes it!

No snow yet thankfully, unseasonably warm here too. Just east of Sault Ste. Marie.

Glad the weather has bought you a bit of time to get it sorted out. Keep us posted on performance once you get the new disc.

OK, so new thermodisc arrived today, installed it and fired up the stove...just over three hours in now and so far, so good!

Fingers crossed for overnight but I think we've got it figured out now!

Enjoy the heat ... temps dropping and wind is up here. Guess we got winter:(

Thank you for your help Lake Girl. All is good in the pellet heat world again! Going on 30 hours now and all is going fine. Still warm outside here though, but they're calling for snow early next week. Just in time!

Great to hear you're heating again. We got some snow here today, kids in TBay report snow there too. It's heading your way...

Status
Not open for further replies.