Help Please: JØTUL F 50 TL RANGELEY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I bought the Rangeley and love if. I replaced my NC-30 with the Rangeley and it burns way more efficient and hotter than the NC-30. The firebox on the NC-30 was larger and held more wood but the Rangeley burns the wood more efficiently. Prior to me buying the Rangeley some said the top loader was too small to load wood. I find that to be completely inaccurate. I load from the top 95% of the time and move the logs with a poker tool. You can really load up the stove from the top. Im very happy with the purchase and I recommend the stove to anyone looking for a Jotul

Reactions: kennyp2339
Did you get the grill?

What are your burn times with the Rangeley?

If i pack the box with hardwood if burns for a few hours with a nice bed of hot coals. If I pack it full at 11pm and wake up at 430am for work there is enough hof coals to restart. I throw some kindling in with a cracked door from 430-5 the fire takes off. I pack it again tight with dense logs at 5-5:15, close the door the fire is cranking again with a closed door at half throttle. Then I leave from work. My girl wakes up at 7 and keeps it going with logs until she goes to work at 10am. When I get home at 8pm I start back up just like I did at 430am