HELP!!! Still Getting 5 blink status on XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisratzlaff

Feb 8, 2011
central ks
Ok I posted about this a few days ago but I'm still having problems!!! I put a Honeywell 7500D thermostat on my XXV and it does do an excellent job off controlling the temp..... but if I run it in the room temp mode and in auto it naturally shuts down when it reaches its preset temp but then it does not fire back up!!! It goes into the 5 blink mode and the thermostat just says that the heat is on.... :mad: So then the only way to get it started is to go shut the stove off and then turn it back on. Or I can run it on manual so it never shuts down, but I sometimes want to run it in the auto mode, so..... Any thoughts??? Thanks.

CR

crisratzlaff said:
Ok I posted about this a few days ago but I'm still having problems!!! I put a Honeywell 7500D thermostat on my XXV and it does do an excellent job off controlling the temp..... but if I run it in the room temp mode and in auto it naturally shuts down when it reaches its preset temp but then it does not fire back up!!! It goes into the 5 blink mode and the thermostat just says that the heat is on.... :mad: So then the only way to get it started is to go shut the stove off and then turn it back on. Or I can run it on manual so it never shuts down, but I sometimes want to run it in the auto mode, so..... Any thoughts??? Thanks.

CR

Did you follow the suggestions in your other thread? If not, try that and update that thread!

so, am I to assume there is no issue when the thermostat is unhooked and the xxv is run with the room sensing probe hooked up and no thermostat? The only two thermostats I see specifically reccommended are the Honeywell RTH230b and the RTH6300b units. Unfortunately, I lack the familiarity with your particular unit to make any reasonable suggestions as to the viability and adequacy of your particular thermostat in your particular application.

FWIW, and Im sure you know this, it likely isnt a Harman issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.