Help! stove shutdown!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainer2013

Oct 9, 2013
Hello, I have a new Enviro Empress pellet insert. I have had it since june and I only have 8 bags of pellets through it. Tonight it shut off while flashing the #4 code. Anyone know what it is? I thought I heard a snap noise then 20 minutes later the stove shut off. Please help.

#4 flashing is the high limit switch. Did the convection blower start up and run before that happened? Try restarting the stove, if it does that again try bypassing your high limit switch and then restart the stove. Always unplug the stove before working on it. If the stove runs normally you probably need a high limit switch, but also double check that your convection blower was coming on. If it isn't then the high limit switch could be doing it's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.