Help with buying insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thekid

Dec 1, 2010
Charlton, MA
Hello all. I'm looking for some guidance on purchasing a wood burning insert. I was leaning towards Hampton hi301 and the Hearthstone Clydesdale. Does anyone have any experience with these models or suggest some others.

thekid said:
Hello all. I'm looking for some guidance on purchasing a wood burning insert. I was leaning towards Hampton hi301 and the Hearthstone Clydesdale. Does anyone have any experience with these models or suggest some others.
If you could provide some dimensions, why you're looking at these particular stoves, some info on the layout of your home, etc. you'll probably get a better response.

I'm looking to heat up 2000 sq ft colonial home in Mass. I was looking at these inserts because I like the mantel style inserts. I have been researching the Hampton because the local dealers in my area are recommending this model. The hearthstone was also recommend by another dealer in my area. I'm was originally looking at the Harman p105 pellet furnace and because of venting problems I had to look at another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.