HELP with Fire Chief - Englander Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NATE379 said:
Can't say I blame your neighbors either if you are smoking out the whole place!

I might make a bit of smoke when I have a fresh load of wood just put in the stove, but generally speaking no one can tell my stove is going. This summer one of my neighbors even asked why I was hauling firewood wood to the house!

It wasn't smoking out the place, in fact you could rarely tell it was smoking but the occasional puff of sooty smoke was building up on my siding leaving it covered in black soot which some nosy nelly was all concerned about causing me much unneeded stress and aggravation. This is precisely why I've been trying to move out of town, but the housing market sucks!

Anyway, after I fixed the vacuum hose and swapped the auger motors it seems to be running quite well. The FD hasn't bothered to call me back and frankly it's thier problem if they don't. I'm not going out of my way to call them when there's no issue at hand. Thanks for everyone's help!!!

Live Free or Die!

I would check to see if they even have the legal authority to do anything, and whether or not you town has an ordinance on wood fired apparatuses. Some have them due to the old outside wood boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.