Help with nova 820 gas valve wiring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

keirajohnston

Sep 10, 2022
New York
The original gas valve went bad so I got a replacement and when I hooked it up it functioned but the wires weren’t in the correct spots- like remote and manual functions were flipped on the switch. When I went to fix it last year I managed to jumble it up even more and couldn’t get it to function at all so I put it off….until now. So basically I have these connections TP TH —TP— TH and I have the two wires from the thermocouple- a bright red wire and then the wires going to the toggle switch that has remote—off—manual settings— and the two wires going to the remote sensor black box. Turns out there are quite a few combinations with this many wires- any help appreciated!!

The original gas valve went bad so I got a replacement and when I hooked it up it functioned but the wires weren’t in the correct spots- like remote and manual functions were flipped on the switch. When I went to fix it last year I managed to jumble it up even more and couldn’t get it to function at all so I put it off….until now. So basically I have these connections TP TH —TP— TH and I have the two wires from the thermocouple- a bright red wire and then the wires going to the toggle switch that has remote—off—manual settings— and the two wires going to the remote sensor black box. Turns out there are quite a few combinations with this many wires- any help appreciated!!
The red and white wires from the thermopile get connected to the TP and TP-TH terminals on the valve.
There is no polarity so either one can go on either terminal. After that, all of the other wires get connected to the TH and TP-TH terminals.
Once again, no polarity so the wires can be connected to either terminal.

SIT-Valve-Testing-1.jpg