Help with quadra fire pellet stove random startup issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mbbryson1

Oct 27, 2019
Lagrangeville, ny
Hi all,

Looking for help with my quadra fire classix Bay 1200 pellet stove. The stove has issues starting when the temperatures are not too cold (when it doesnt have to run often) the stove motor will turn on, but it wont always feed pellets. We then have to hit the reset button a few tomes for the auger moter to start. The weird thing is, it doesnt always happen. Sometimes it runs just fine, but then we wake up to a freezing house because it stopped working.

We though the chimeny/pipes needed to be cleaned so we had a professional out and he cleaned it. Still having the same issue so I called a repair man who came out, seemed a bit confused but thought it might be the thermal coupler (sorry for the horrible spelling) because he said the wore was really thin. Well $234 later and we are still habing the same issue.

I really dont want to spend even more to have him come back out so I was hoping to get so advise.

I have done some diy in the past (installed a new blower motar 2 years ago, and a few other small repairs. I'm just not an expert here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.