Help with Russo W-20 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RNin RED

Nov 4, 2017
Ohio
I just moved into a log cabin and there's a wood stove in the basement. I do believe it is only a wood burner but not positive. Its a RUSSO and the tag on the back model # is W-20. I am looking for the manual as i can't get the blower to start no matter how much i burn in it. Please help. (email- [email protected])

Unplug the blower and examine the wiring. It's usually a very simple arrangement. Look for a sensor (thermal snap disk) attached to the stove body and wired in series with the blower. If there is one, you can put a temporary jumper across the lugs to the switch to bypass it. If the blower then works the snapswitch needs replacing with one of identical style and range. Often the part number and temp range are on the body of the switch. Other failure points could be the cord, the switch or the motor itself.

Russo appears to still sell parts for the W-20. They are pricey, so alternatives may be more attractive.
http://www.russoproducts.com/pdfs/russo_parts.pdf