Help with Scan Andersen 8-2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roi354

Hearth Supporter
Feb 11, 2010
East London, UK
Hi guys, I hope I can get some help from here!!

I have just bought a Scan Andersen 8-2 from a chap at work but it *just* about fits into my fireplace opening. I have seen an online brochure from Scan that shows this stove with short legs. I enquired with my local store and they can get hold of the legs but weren't sure whether they could be fitted to a 'convection' model.

Anyone know for sure? Can mine be adapted so the legs will fit?

Regards,
Rob

Patience young grasshopper ;) :) . . . you posted at 6 or so this morning (I assume this is at my time here on east coast) and it's now only a few minutes before 4 p.m. . . . most likely folks didn't check the site before heading into work and are now on (or will be on) their way home from work . . . fairly soon I suspect many hearth.com members will be getting home, reloading the stove and then settling down at the computer to check the posts . . . and then they may have an answer for you.

There aren't many Scan owners on here, unfortunately and I don't know if the 8-2 is even available in the States. I think you will have better luck talking to a dealer or contacting the distributor for the UK.

Ahh yes you're probably right about the time thing, apologies! Its just I'm a tad upset that I thought I got a very good deal but might not be able to take advantage of it. Just seems a shame thats all.

Thanks for the replys.

Rob

I'm not sure they make shorter legs for the 8-2. But, this is going on a fireplace hearth, correct? If so, it may be heresy, but would it be possible to cut down the two side leg pillars?

I google image searched the 8-2 and I see it on both kinds of legs. Not on sites in this country, but you certainly ought to be able to get them somehow. Beautiful stove! Hope you can make it work!

scan_82.jpg

Thanks again for replies,

Yes that picture is exactly what I am trying to achieve. I may be able to just trim the side pillars off and tack the legs in place. As all this work will be along the bottom edge and underneath, its not going to be seen so won't be much of a problem if the job looks a little messy - good idea!

It will be going on a granite hearth bedded onto concrete that is on top of an original concrete slab so there will be no problems with heat by doing this.

I will have to investigate and report back........

Well I emailed falcon fires as recomended by BeGreen and they responded the same day by telling me that it isn't possible to fit the legs as per the advise I had been given already.

They did offer a solution though, which was to simply cut the side pillars down to suit and not worry about fitting the legs at all, so that is exactly what I shall do.

Thanks for the advice, problem solved!! :)

Regards,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.