Help with Setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ice935

Jan 27, 2018
Ice935
Hey guys - 1st post here. If its the wrong place so sorry and just direct me where I need to go.

Just moved into a new house with a propane fireplace. The old company was charging to rent their propane tank and I decided against that because I have my own.

I should of taken a picture of the old regulator.. but can you all direct me what I need from the pictures below to hook it up to my propane tank? The fireplace is already set up and ready to use - just need to connect the pipe to the propane tank.

If you could provide links for what size flare I need / regulator it would be much appreciated. I can measure if needed.
9cpWM

20171229_135516.jpg

20171229_135501.jpg

img free

Last edited:
You should be able to get a 1/2" MALE fitting at your local hardware store.
The other end will either have a male or female pipe thread, depending on
what you need to connect to gas line coming from your tank...

You should be able to get a 1/2" MALE fitting at your local hardware store.
The other end will either have a male or female pipe thread, depending on
what you need to connect to gas line coming from your tank...

thanks for all the help - it fit perfectly

now - will any regulator work? Can i just use a normal regulator from a gas grill that fits into the propane tank?