Here is a classic, for $58k

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MongoMongoson

Feeling the Heat
Feb 6, 2021
Wisconsin

I don't know how long this post has been active. It says it was posted 17 days ago, but I have seen it for what seems like years. Strange that it hasn't sold yet.

I read more closely through the posting and see in the text it says "4k min firm", so maybe they should update the posting title. $4k seems crazy to me, too.

Maybe it's solid silver on top.... ;-)

Yes. Piles and piles. Dug a path all around the house to get to the sunroom to clean the 2 ft of snow there so that when it melts The or Wed it doesn't leak in thru the sliding doors. Cleaned out the basement window wells. I'm 6'3" and in places it can up to halfway my thighs.

Was easy scooping as it didn't melt so it was still very fine and light powder here.

Was a beautiful bright blue sky day.
Made 14.6 kWh today. Quite good for January. Powder snow didn't accumulate on the panels.

They didn't further treat the road after the last plow Saturday evening so it's now packed white snow. That school bus is going to be fun watching tomorrow; my car couldn't get up the hill this afternoon.

All is good. Wednesday high of 40, Thursday 45. So I'll run a brush thru the pipe. 23 now, 16 for a low tonight.

Ow, and used a poor man's snow blower (leaf blower) to blow the snow off my stacks in my shed. Rain doesn't get in, but blowing snow does...

Reactions: woodey
Yes. Piles and piles. Dug a path all around the house to get to the sunroom to clean the 2 ft of snow there so that when it melts The or Wed it doesn't leak in thru the sliding doors. Cleaned out the basement window wells. I'm 6'3" and in places it can up to halfway my thighs.

Was easy scooping as it didn't melt so it was still very fine and light powder here.

Was a beautiful bright blue sky day.
Made 14.6 kWh today. Quite good for January. Powder snow didn't accumulate on the panels.

They didn't further treat the road after the last plow Saturday evening so it's now packed white snow. That school bus is going to be fun watching tomorrow; my car couldn't get up the hill this afternoon.

All is good. Wednesday high of 40, Thursday 45. So I'll run a brush thru the pipe. 23 now, 16 for a low tonight.

Ow, and used a poor man's snow blower (leaf blower) to blow the snow off my stacks in my shed. Rain doesn't get in, but blowing snow does...
Glad all is good, looks like another storm coming Thursday. Possibly rain near the coast and inland here in N.W. N.Y. we may be in line for significant snow.

Reactions: stoveliker
Glad all is good, looks like another storm coming Thursday. Possibly rain near the coast and inland here in N.W. N.Y. we may be in line for significant snow.

Yes, that's what @thewoodlands mentioned. Seems a dud here; rain. I prefer the snow...

Screenshot_20220130-223653~2.png

Reactions: thewoodlands
I’m guessing Mr Woodlands and I are within 25 miles of each other!
I see The Weather Channel has us possibly getting around 16 inches on the high end and Accu has has with a total of 8 inches for the storm that is coming in.

It’ getting harder to find loggers to bring loads of logs here, what’s the deal? We usually need about 7 loads here but haven’t had any luck finding anyone.

It’ getting harder to find loggers to bring loads of logs here, what’s the deal? We usually need about 7 loads here but haven’t had any luck finding anyone.
I'm not sure, I only ordered one load of logs since we started burning, a guy out of Parishville NY. It's been about 12 years so I don't even remember his name.

He worked for the school system over in Parishville and sold smaller loads of logs. I think the Wood Chop Shop gave me his name.

Reactions: woodey
I see The Weather Channel has us possibly getting around 16 inches on the high end and Accu has has with a total of 8 inches for the storm that is coming in.
ss
I'm not sure, I only ordered one load of logs since we started burning, a guy out of Parishville NY. It's been about 12 years so I don't even remember his name.

He worked for the school system over in Parishville and sold smaller loads of logs. I think the Wood Chop Shop gave me his name.
We have been getting ours delivered from a logger from Parishville but he stopped hauling a few years ago. I can't remember his name as I went through my in laws farm and paid them. the last few years we bought from M Randi and he is now out. The local Amish have some for sale for $50.00 a cord< CSS but would have to look at it first.

ss

We have been getting ours delivered from a logger from Parishville but he stopped hauling a few years ago. I can't remember his name as I went through my in laws farm and paid them. the last few years we bought from M Randi and he is now out. The local Amish have some for sale for $50.00 a cord< CSS but would have to look at it first.
Does Toomey do loads of logs?

My nephew was working on a deal with someone from Carthage but a the last minute the guy canceled, he had been hauling to this area.

I don't know that name.
They're the biggest firewood delivery company in our county, google Toomey Brothers and their phone number will come up, it's worth a try.