Hesitation between these two stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Between: Hearthstone Equinox and Regency F5100

• Hearthstone vs. Recency F5100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Additional 8 inches flue pipe diameter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

10-cc

Hearth Supporter
Nov 28, 2008
St-Bruno, Quebec, Canada
The F5100 3700$ can. The Equinox really great deal at 3500$.
Basement install
House 2700sf
Needs to heat fast as it is a weekend camp.
Now we have an old Summit 1998 and is not functioning well, the top shield on to of the buffle is wrapped.

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Henri

or a basement install either. if you're looking for quick heat i'd put it in the area you're going to be in the most, which i'm guessing isn't the basement

Quick heat and Hearthstone should not ever be used together. Build a raging fire, wait an hour or two and the room temp will start to go up. With a steel stove you could have the room warmed up before the hearthstone starts allowing heat into the room. I am convinced that the majority of heat from my stove enters the room through the glass.

If the baffle is the only issue in the old Summit, I'd replace it and the rails if need be, unless it has been ridden so hard that other damage has occurred.

I would be looking at something like the Englander 30 or similar stove. Steel, feels like a blast furnace of heat coming about in a hurry, holds fire for many hours, easy to operate, inexpensive.

Englander 28-4000 with connection to run ducting out of the stove and run it to vents in each rooms floor.

Really any steel stove with 3.0 or larger box.