Hey Elk, here's an installation for ya!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice.Says it heats his 1766sq.ft. very well......yeah,when the carpet is burning!

ROFL
That is awesome

I saw that listing this morning. Thought about posting it as well. Some of the installations I have seen on Ebay and on Craigslist are fairly interesting, to say the least.

Another good ol' DIY'er

This is liable to send Elk over the deep end.....compound code infractions and it's a VC to boot :lol:

what about this vent? No that is not attached to a dryer but to the stove in the next photo

second picture note the plastic air injection tube on the floor that are attached to a blower ans fed into the bottom of the stove after the bottom plate was cut into

Attachments

• 23_1_b.JPG
    23_1_b.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 541
  • chimney.jpg
    chimney.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 591
:) Isn't that the liner that comes with a Vogelzang Boxwood stove?Should work fine.

elkimmeg said:
what about this vent? No that is not attached to a dryer but to the stove in the next photo

second picture note the plastic air injection tube on the floor that are attached to a blower ans fed into the bottom of the stove after the bottom plate was cut into

That is still my all time favorite installation photo! And to think I wasted all that money on a brand new masonry chimney, Ti liner, granite hearth... when all I really needed was a piece of wonderboard and some dryer vent!

-- Mike

Whats great about the one Elk posted is it breaks about every code there is.

See how many you can come up with?

Somebody posted a pic of their installation last year and couldn't understand why everybody went bananas.

Attachments

• scary install.JPG
    scary install.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 474
i talked to a guy today who has a corn unit , his installation looks just like the picture except its laying on its side, he did this to get around an existing chimney cause he didnt want to spring for the liner, i got pics coming lol

Well while we are on the subject.

Attachments

• bus stove.jpg
    bus stove.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 419
karl said:
The old wood heated school bus/home. Did you take that one in WV or VA Bart?

Could have been either place karl. Could have been either place. :-S

BTW: Get that Summit ready. It's gonna get cold around these parts next week.

oh ya...how could we forget.

Attachments

• install.jpg
    install.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 207
  • install2.jpg
    install2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 221
  • install3.jpg
    install3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 190
Status