HEY GUESS WHAT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skinnykid

Hearth Supporter
May 6, 2008
Next to a lake in NH
we are getting more rain in the North East!!!!

I have all but one of my stack covered, hope it keeps them fairly dry!!!

Poured down earlier today and raining again right now. Hasn't let up since the second week in April. >:-(

IT is here :snake:

<insert approproate cuss word here, mines untype able for the forum> ;-P

new to the site im here in marlow and this is the 2nd time this month ive had to empty the wheelbarrow. usually keep it in the wood shed but there is no room thanks to the wife. ya hoo!!!

8nrider said:
new to the site im here in marlow and this is the 2nd time this month ive had to empty the wheelbarrow. usually keep it in the wood shed but there is no room thanks to the wife. ya hoo!!!

Move your wife out of the wood shed and put the wheelbarrow in there. ;-P

WOW brother bart better not let the wife see that reply or she might jump on her scooter and come done and burn you!!!

I like this woman already .

:exclaim:

yes ellen she's a great woman. and a great splitter and stacker. better she takes it out on the wood instead of me!!!

8nrider said:

Never heard of Marlow.

But welcome to the site anyways. I have learned alot from this site and love it.

ya like someone else said it has been raining since april......

And the rain is about to end!!! Weather pattern that's been plaguing us for forever now is starting to break down and move out and much of the upcoming week should be sunny and dry! Quick cold front passage sometime Monday or Tues with a shower or two but mostly nice for most all of the northeast from Sunday through most all of next week. Let's hope this pattern shift holds! Finally may have some good wood drying weather.

Thank goodness we are getting a break!
This year I had a grounded 13 year old stacking. He got off semi easy because of the rain. Now hes at camp getting water logged.
I'll be busy this weekend finishing what little is left...

We got several inches of rain here on Thursday also....sickening.

Got almost 3 inches in less than 90 minutes , here yesterday.
I haven't been able to cut the lawn.
If it doesn't dry up this weekend , I've got weeds in the front lawn I'll have to cut down and up for firewood.

I was watering the peach trees in June worrying about the dry conditions and the tiny peaches from a similar drought last year.
I'm surprised they haven't blown up like balloons. My tomatoes have.

My lawn has been verry green and lush this year!normally it would brown sometime in july into August.Hopefully there is a break in the pattern!but i hope its around in the winter!I do love a real winter with lots of cold and snow.

Finally, a bright sunny morning in Mass! Looks like we might get a few days of good weather. Good thing, I just had 2 cords of seasoned hardwood dumped in the driveway (and it really is seasoned! - i was worried about that). Time to get stacking.

stanleyjohn said:
My lawn has been verry green and lush this year!normally it would brown sometime in july into August.Hopefully there is a break in the pattern!but i hope its around in the winter!I do love a real winter with lots of cold and snow.
The European long range weather models are calling for about normal temps and rainfall through the fall in the Northeast, then snowier than normal Jan and Feb in the northeast. After last winter here in NH with Concord NH missing it's all time snow record by 2", it would be unusual to have a second snowier than normal winter. NOAA long range forecasts predict warmer than normal in the northeast through mid winter, then normal temps second half of winter; continued above avg precip through Nov in northeast, then normal precip. Who do you believe? What's your guess? After all, you're guess is statistically almost as good as the long range forecasts!!

Girl said:
Thank goodness we are getting a break!
This year I had a grounded 13 year old stacking. He got off semi easy because of the rain. Now hes at camp getting water logged.
I'll be busy this weekend finishing what little is left...
Many of us struggle to become more grounded in our lives. Nice to hear there's a 13 year old who has already acheived this. ;-P

stanleyjohn said:

My lawn goes snap crackle and pop when you walk on it. The only green patch is over the septic field. Supposed to reach the mid-90's today. Quite a contrast to a couple months ago, but I'll take it. Finally the tomatoes are starting to ripen.

If my track record is any indication it will be a balmy New England winter. Buy a snow blower, no snow. get an air conditioner, no heat. Spend over 4 grand on a stove, prepare 4 cords of wood, no winter.

Prometheus- first, from all of us- thanks for the fire, and sorry about the liver.

Second- I hear what you're saying, but even in a mild winter you'll get plenty of enjoyment out of a new stove!

My pleasure. Glad to help. And yeah, that liver thing. It only hurts when I laugh, which happens more often since I started hanging around this place!

While we're on the subject, was it an eagle, or a vulture? Seems to have always been different theories on that one.

8nrider said:

Everyone knows Marlow....home of PC Connection and Mac Connection (i think)....

I thought it was a rabbit who stole fire from the weasels. That's what the people who kidnapped me from the wagon train and raised me in the wilderness taught the assembled young ones around the campfires. They called me "Small Wood". Never really understood why. Only after I was rescued and returned to white Anglo-Saxon civilization by the Cavalry did I become Rick, as I am still known today. Sometimes I miss the campfires. The wise ones were very kind to me, and taught me much. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.