Hey guys what's kind of stove do you think this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitfield Profile 20 or 30. Possibly a Whitfield Advantage series but I believe they had a cast door. I believe we used to retail them for around 2400 or 2600.

Great....they have a stove for sale for $1500 and won't look for the info on the stove to tell you what it is....real nice......

balls of fire said:
Whitfield Profile 20 or 30. Possibly a Whitfield Advantage series but I believe they had a cast door. I believe we used to retail them for around 2400 or 2600.

I concur...I said the same thing on the other thread the OP posted on this. Posted a link to the Whitfield 30 page as a reference.

Cobra1365 said:
balls of fire said:

I concur...I said the same thing on the other thread the OP posted on this. Posted a link to the Whitfield 30 page as a reference.

looks like a napolean or lennox insert. i would suggest napolean because of its infinished appearance

Mustangsal said:
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/app/2149393425.html

I tryed to put just the pictures up but I coulnt figure out how to do it. What do you guys think this stove is it a Avalon ? I called the lady and I'm going to look at it this week. Thanks again guys.
I think you got your awnser at the bottom of your other post.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/67960/

Don't know what the stove is, either, but I wouldn't do business with this guy for any money. When you start out with an agressive attitude, it usually doesn't get better. Save your money and find a stove from someone who knows what they have and are willing to talk with you about it. Besides, if he doesn't know what it is, how can he say it works great and how does he know it sells for thee grand?

Wow, looks like you'd be going some distance to look too...(I'm only about a half hour from Blairstown). Honestly, I'd keep looking--in the past month, I've seen a Castille go for $800 (2 yrs. old!!), a couple Harmans, both around $2000 that looked in a lot better shape than that one. If you're patient, a good one will come your way...unfortunately, we had to beat the tax deadline!

Think you are coming into the "prime time" buying stoves. Best prices are end of season to early Summer, but lately there have been lots of stoves for sale here, better than all last year. They are really not cheap, and they are really not in the range you would like, but you can always negotiate :cheese:

I have found three woodstoves for friends at good prices and two pelletstoves, all within 50 miles. Patience, I sent one guy an email about what I felt his stove was worth and what I thought of his pricing of 120lbs of scrap metal and he was unfriendly to say the least. The stoves we bought, the buyers were very friendly and all helped us load..... :eek:hh:

It's amazes me what some people think there stuff is worth.they think just because they paid x amount they need something close to that.maybe they should have done some research before buying, such as comparing and realizing what is involved in whatever they are buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.