Hey, Lopi Pellet owners...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tickbitty

Minister of Fire
Feb 21, 2008
VA
I'm going to see a used insert that looked like a Lopi in the picture. Looking for a woodstove and this one LOOKS like a Lopi Revere but I am not sure. Would I be able to easily tell if this insert was instead intended for Pellets? Do the pellet stoves all have the line of circular holes above the door? If it is a pellet stove, I might actually buy it anyway and give it a try cause the price is right! But I am not sure how to tell the difference if there is no tag on the back, lol!

Can't u ask the person selling it? Look for a hopper big bin where you dump the pellets

Thanks guys! It wasn't a pellet stove but I was right in suspecting that it MIGHT not be what it appeared to be. It was like a 1984 version of the EPA woodstoves, but not in good shape, so I had to pass it by. Too bad, I was all ready for a new Lopi for the family! (pellet or wood!) but it was not to be.

I had trouble communicating with the guy selling, and he didn't mention brand or anything in his ad, just had a bad pic. He wasn't charging that much so I was hoping that I would get a good deal and didn't want to raise the awareness too much and price myself out of a deal, so I was just trying to do all my research so I would be able to figure it all out when I saw it!

Status
Not open for further replies.