Hi Im New here...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bendzuch

Jan 2, 2015
USA, NJ, 07035
this is my second season now.
i have Lennox Montlake™ 230 fireplace insert with flex stainless steel liner DW.
and i have offset box on top on my insert for liner and there i install probe for temperature monitoring so i can see the flue temperature. then on top on shelf i have magnetic thermometer too...
im new to that stuff so please help me.
what temperature i should have on top on my insert and inside in flue collar? (That offset box)
now im running on 400F-550F on inside and 300F-350F on magnetic thermometer..
thank you.

Predicting temps on an insert is hard but it sounds like you are dialed in nicely and about right.

Max inside flue would be around 800F. It will take more, but shouldn't see more than that unless just briefly.

and one more stupid question...
what is minimum inside F* temperature?
i just sweep my chimney after first full 1cord burned and i get about 1 cop of suds. the chimney is about 30Ft long

what max F i should run inside temperature to be safe?
For the probe in the flue? I don't have a probe but I'm guessing I run it up around 1000 or better when burning in a new load. Once I cut the air and cruise it, probably closer to 300-400. True flue temps are taken with the probe a little further from the flue exit, though. Sounds like yours is pretty close to the exit. Mine is a surface meter lying on top of the stainless tee snout about 6" from the flue exit.

The probe is about 5"-6" from collar in offset box. IMG_20141216_072346865_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.