Hi, Need Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

YGri

Jan 18, 2022
Milford PA
Hi,

I own a Harman P68 serial # 286897.

My lower door on the front, the one that gives you access to the ash pan just fell off when cleaning the stove.

The little male tab that the female door hinge hangs onto broke off.

Harman and the local dealer have tried to help but no one has given me a part number or solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The picture is the lower one with the nub still attached, the top one broke and is hard to get a clear photo of.

hinge pivot.JPG

You need to have your dealer locate part # 17 ( Harman Ash Door Hinges w/ Bolts (2-00-06968B)) from the schematic below. A REALLY good dealer will sell you one taken off a floor model & replace it on his stove when the new part comes in. Otherwise, you could remove the compromised part & have it duplicated by a machine shop. You can probably still use your stove without the new component by latching the ash pan door tightly.
1642524027828.png

Reactions: jackman
You need to have your dealer locate part # 17 ( Harman Ash Door Hinges w/ Bolts (2-00-06968B)) from the schematic below. A REALLY good dealer will sell you one taken off a floor model & replace it on his stove when the new part comes in. Otherwise, you could remove the compromised part & have it duplicated by a machine shop. You can probably still use your stove without the new component by latching the ash pan door tightly.View attachment 290163
Thanks for the reply, I wish it were that easy. That is the female part of the hinge that attaches to the door. There are 2 hook type pieces that attach to the main body of the stove that the door hinge hangs on.

My bad. Is the bracket on the stove body removable?
Can you get a pic of the entire piece you need & post it??
If you can, I can get it to the Service Tech at the place
I used to work & he will contact Harman. TIA

My bad. Is the bracket on the stove body removable?
Can you get a pic of the entire piece you need & post it??
If you can, I can get it to the Service Tech at the place
I used to work & he will contact Harman. TIA
Thanks for the help. That picture is pretty much the whole piece. There is an upper and a lower. Trying to photograph the upper is difficult because it's kinda tucked up to the bottom of the box. So, the picture is the lower one, the one that still works fine. I can't tell if it is bolted on or riveted. Right now I have that corner duct taped so I can keep the stove running. Next time I clean the stove I will try to get a look at the inside of the case.

Can it be welded back on ??

Can it be welded back on ??
Unfortunately, the broken nub was vacuumed up while I was cleaning it.

I can't image that Harman would make a part to build it, but not offer any for sale as a part.

Then they don't seem to have any ideas except to not understand and email me the part number for the door latch, which i don't need.

Not very impressive.

I'd be diggin in the trash for the broken part, then call a friend with a 110v mig welder.
A strong magnet may prove helpful in this endeavor. If I had a dollar for every time I've had to search a vacuum cleaner's contents I'd be able to buy a decent meal.

Reactions: gfreek and YGri
The piece that broke off was just a 1/4" nub, if I had a welder I could just cut a bolt and weld it on. I am thinking about trying JB weld.

The piece that broke off was just a 1/4" nub, if I had a welder I could just cut a bolt and weld it on. I am thinking about trying JB weld.
More like a round pin, right? Go to hardware store and grab a "clevis pin" weld it on.

Reactions: YGri