HI301 Hampton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeypuck

Feeling the Heat
Sep 6, 2009
south central NH
I have been burning off and on for over a month now. We just got back into winter and have been burning for two days straight. I am still amazed at the amount of hot coals in the morning. I put the last wood in (75 percent full) at 9 and had plenty of hot coals for an easy start at 8 in the morning. Granted it only got to 28 degrees last night, but we were toasty at 74 when I went to bed and 62 when I stoked it in the morning. The quality of wood is very important as well. I just traded some electrical work for 1.5 chords of 3 year seasoned wood (dry and under roof). I swear I could have done a top down fire with a match. I also have a chord of dealer"seasoned" wood. It is pretty good, not like most of the dealer seasoned wood.

My one complaint is the the height of the fire box. With a thick bed of coals it can be hard to get a 2 tiered stack of logs in their. One more marginal complaint is the amount of time it takes the snap in thermal to turn on the blower in "auto" mode. The install was easy and the unit looks great. Now I am working on my battery back up for the blower.

<>One more marginal complaint is the amount of time it takes the snap in thermal to turn on the blower in "auto" mode.<>

Make sure the snap-disk is tight against the insert body...Any gap will delay the heat actuation...

Status
Not open for further replies.