1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

High Limit Temp Sensor

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by SnowMud, Mar 19, 2013.

1. SnowMud

SnowMud New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    When this trips, what do you need to do? anything? manual knows the problem but no remedy?

its a USSC 5500m

Thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SwineFlue

SwineFlue Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Pa
    Many stoves use a snap disk. After the stove has cooled, press the center reset button. You'll hear/feel a click if it had tripped.

Remember, this is similar to a fuse or circuit breaker. Something caused it to trip... you need to figure out why the stove had overheated, especially if it happens again.
  3. SnowMud

SnowMud New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    my other post " please help, I want to smash it..." explains why... my auger turns continuously, and at a fast rate on any setting.. instead of smothering the fire with a million pellets, I turned up the draft and blower on high. did a great job keeping up, but wow did it get hot. gotta do it though.

So there is something I need to set? the manual says its been tripped, but nothing else.. maybe ill just call the company for the third time today haha.