High pitched whistle when feeder runs..Harman Accentra 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

requin

Hearth Supporter
Apr 26, 2008
Montague, MA
Just had it cleaned/serviced in August, and have only run it a few times so far. Last night it started making a very annoying high pitched whistle, I think as the auger feeds pellets (it seemed to stop once I turned off the feed). Anyone have a clue what this could be?

Update. When I started the stove today, the feeder was whistling again right away. I mean heck it was whistling a little tune for a while there (different pitches and all)...but I've noticed now that the stove has been running for maybe an hour or so, the whistling has stopped. It seemed to stop gradually as the stove ran/warmed up.

Any ideas on this? Hopefully it's a transient problem that has subsided...

I've had squeals in this thing before but this really is more like a whistle.

Anyway I dont know how to take the stove apart and I don't have the tools (or any graphite) and I don't trust myself to do it..I hate to have to call the dealer but on the other hand, the guy was just here for the cleaning so maybe I can get a service call gratis due to that...

oh and if it wasn't already obvious from my last post, the whistling has come back. ugh.

Does the whistle sound like a high pitch screeching when the auger turns?

Any chance there is carbon buildup in the bottom of the burnpot where the auger tip is?

IMO graphite would be just a temporary coverup, not really a solution.

hm, no, I don't think so. It's not a "grindy" sort of screech, it's a 'clearer' sort of whistle...almost the way wind sounds blowing through a small crack..but it only does it when the auger turns.

I'v had grinding screeches before, but not this kind of clear whistle. This is very odd.

hello all im new here from Maine
i have the same problem with my stove, it started yesterday !! mine is the same model , when the AUGER turns there is a high pitch whistles not a humming noise but more lke someone is standing behind it with this annoying whistling any ideas ?

Mine eventually went away on it's own. The whistling started right after I had the stove serviced (cleaned)..is that when yours started doing it? I never found out what the problem was cause it went away...and stove is working fine.

Hopefully your whistle will go away too...

Status
Not open for further replies.