Hole in the baffle tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r dubya

Dec 4, 2008
Ninilchik AK
There"s a hole in my baffle tonight.
There's a cloud of shame and sorrow.
Its about the size of a cleaning rod.
Do I have to order a new baffle tomorrow..

Ya I messed up.
I clean from the ceiling con. up. and I let the bottom of the rod come down and hit the baffle.
It about the size of a quarter, dead center, 2 inches from the front of the baffle.
Saftey, Can I still burn my baby..

Just plug the hole with some high temp stove cement, doesnt sound likes its a very big hole.

Thanx Dog..
I will check out the cement.Do you think I need to take the baffle out, let it cool
then apply the cement, let it cure, then go back to burning.
It is close to zero right now and is not going to get a whole lot warmer in the next couple days.
Is it safe to burn as is?.

You'll be ok burning as is for now. But, I'd do dog's suggestion as soon as you can. Just keep a little closer eye on it. At least the chimney is clean now and that is one less thing to worry about in the meantime.

pen

I am a home body during the winter..chim gets a cleaning 1x a month.
I looked forward to it, some thing to do.
Thanx Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.