Holz Hausen in the snow

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Duck

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2009
Central PA
We haven't seen the big snows that are falling farther east, but it is enough to make the wood piles look wintry. The sides of these stacks never seem to get very wet or snowy.

Attachments

• holz hausen jan 2011.jpg
    holz hausen jan 2011.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 429
Looks like the whos in whoville are all asleep

Wood Duck said:
We haven't seen the big snows that are falling farther east, but it is enough to make the wood piles look wintry. The sides of these stacks never seem to get very wet or snowy.

my piles are UNDER the snow...

Nice scene. How much wood do you get in each of them?

Heem said:
Wood Duck said:

my piles are UNDER the snow...

Same here. I carried in about 20 loads to the shed by hand because the snow already on the ground was too deep to get the wheel barrow back there...then the new snow burried it all again. This winter is really turning into one big pain in the bum.

Wood Duck said:

I a little east of you in central Jerz and the sides of my HH's look the same as yours.

Nice, I have one that same size and looks similiar. My big HH (10 foot Diameter) that is a little more than half gone, it is not very pretty now, and should be gone by the end of winter. It is sad because I probably will never build a 10 footer again. Here is mine last Christmas.

Attachments

• xmass2.jpg
    xmass2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 251
SolarAndWood said:
Nice scene. How much wood do you get in each of them?

Those are 8 ft diameter and at the eaves are about 5 1/2 ft off the ground. I calculate about 2 1/4 cords in each, give or take. I plan on burning two per winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.