Holzhaufen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKenmore

Nov 12, 2006
Finally complete- check out my pic of the first holzhaufen I have built, needless to say it won't be the last!!

Enjoy!

Attachments

• hh.jpg
    hh.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 462
looks great what are the dimensions?
and are those shims????

Nice work! Forget the shims, is that white oak next to it?

Thanks for the nice words!!! The diameter is 6 feet. Its about 7 feet tall. The horizontal pieces worked out real nice. I was doing some home construction and removed quite a few 3/4 X 4 inch planks. They worked well to bridge any gaps and keep the splits tilted in. I used the pole method with a 6 foot board with a hole in the middle. This allowed me to line up each piece with ease. So it's pretty straight.

The tree next to it is a black oak I believe. My little 95 X 105 property has a nice amount of trees. 6 black oaks and a sassafras.

Great job Mr.K. That's inspiring. Looks like about a cord and a half very neatly stacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.